Is Mark Sampson set for the Premier League? The current coach of the England Lionesses football team could be about to make the switch to what most coaches see as the pinnacle in football management according to Ladbrokes.
Sampson recently led the lionesses to a sensational 3rd place finish in this years Women’s World Cup in Canada, showing their male counterparts how it could be done, since the Welshman’s heroics Ladbrokes have seen his odds drop to an impressive 16/1 to take charge of a Football League club before the start of the season, should a Premier League team choose to put him in the hot seat you can get odds of 100/1
Of course despite Mark Sampson’s success, clubs may still be a little cautious to appoint the coach who’s biggest success has come in the women’s game, making a move to the lower leagues far more likely.
BBC Sports Personality
Mark Sampson’s achievements are not likely to go unnoticed or without recognition as he is well tipped to pick up a gong for his historic efforts, Ladbrokes are offering 5/1 for Sampson to pick up the BBC Sports Personality Coach of the Year award and 100/1 that he’s one day named manager of the Three Lions.
William Geldart of Ladbrokes said: “Sampson’s star is rising and it surely won’t be long before he attracts the attention of clubs in the Football League and Premier League.
“Whatever happens in the coming months the odds suggest the man of the moment has plenty of good times ahead“ Ladbrokes latest betting:
Mark Sampson Betting Specials
- Evens England Lionesses to win BBC Sports Personality Team of the Year,
- 5/1 To win BBC Sports Personality Coach of the Year 2015,
- 8/1 To win Euro 2017 with England Women,
- 16/1 To be named manager of a Football League (men’s) team by the opening day of the 2015/16 season,
- 100/1 To be named manager of a Premier League(men’s) team by the opening day of the 2015/16 season,
- 100/1 To be named England (men’s) national team manager.